Friday, February 17, 2012

First Day Success

So I won't normally update everyday, but I wanted to report on the first full day. I feel good...admittedly a little hungry as I climb into bed, but that's okay. Giving up the evening snacks is just going to be one of my challenges, since this is the time of day I get the munchies! I must get those under control...it's the worst time of day to eat, as well. I will have to learn some discipline--just part of the process!

All in all, however, it's been a successful, not too hunger-laden day. I felt satisfied with each meal, and even enjoyed a little handful of chocolate chips after dinner, since I had some points to spare! Here's a run-down of my food intake for the day:

Breakfast:
1 egg on 1 slice of whole wheat bread, with 1 tsp of ketchup

Lunch:
1/2 can of tuna (in water) with 1 TB of Canola mayo on 2 slices of whole wheat bread, with a little Dijon mustard.
A small apple

Dinner:
Linguini with clam sauce (a low fat version I found on the Internet...it was very yummy). Here's the recipe link: http://www.everydayhealth.com/health-recipe/linguine-with-clam-sauce.aspx
1/2 cup green peas
2 TB chocolate chips

And there you have it! My only little cheats today were: eating the last bite of my daughter's breakfast burrito, and snagging 2 cashews from the open container on the kitchen counter as I walked by! Oh well...so I wasn't perfect, but I did a pretty dang good job in my opinion! It will take a little time to get back to being as disciplined as I once was. It's all about retraining my body to crave the good things, rather than the junk! I am amazed how much I didn't care about cookies, chips, or buttery garlic rolls when I was eating well. It wasn't hard for me then...so now I just have to figure out how to get back there again! One step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment