Friday, February 24, 2012

Ups and Downs...But Successful Overall!

First week, accomplished!  Whew...at least I stuck with it, even though it was my husband's birthday Wednesday (delicious homemade tacos were his only request), my daughter was in the mood to bake the past couple of days (I am the world's worst snitch), and it was "my time of the month".  Really.  BUT, the final numbers seemed to come out well...weighing in at 185.5 this morning!  That's 4 1/2 pounds in one week...yes, I know this will not be a normal occurrence, but I will take it!  Woot woot!

I got an email from an amazing friend of mine this week!  I sent her an email earlier in the week, asking her how she managed to finally get all her baby weight off, and back down to the size she was when she got married.  I loved her response..."I hate to say it, but the old fashioned way!!  Calories in and out.  It's so dang hard, but soooo worth it." I loved her response, because it's so true!  That is the only way to get the weight off and keep it off.  That was a great inspiration to me, realizing that real results come from lots of hard work, discipline, and "just saying no" to all those treats I love so much!  She also mentioned that she downloaded an app on her phone called "Lose It."  I immediately did the same, and have been religiously recording every morsel of food I took in!  On average, I took in about 1,265 a day.  The app said I'd need to eat that many each day to lose about 2 pounds a week.  The fun part is that it predicted exactly when I'd reach my goal if I was successful in doing this...June 29th!  Talk about motivating--our family beach trip is scheduled for 2 weeks after that!!

Exercise did not get checked off my to do list at all...although I did clean my whole house all day Monday, so I counted that!  I couldn't believe how many calories the app said I possibly burned by doing housecleaning.  I do work up a good sweat, though!

Now comes what really is the hardest part...sticking with it!  Taking the first step was VERY hard for me, but now I have to continue making the efforts required to get myself disciplined and healthy again.  They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit; well, I'm now 7 days into that.

More challenges await me this coming week.  I just found out yesterday that my sweet Mother-in-Law (yes, I truly mean sweet...I LOVE her) will be coming to visit tomorrow for about 10 days.  When she's here, we eat out more and I tend to stop worrying about what goes in my mouth.  This WILL be difficult.  In addition, my birthday is Tuesday.  I am going to go ahead and claim that day as "Off the Diet."  The challenge there will be getting right back on track the next day...which will probably require throwing left over cake away, but it must be done!!

Official Weigh-In for 2/24/12:  185.5 lbs

Weight lost this week:  4.5 lbs

Total weight lost:  4.5 lbs


Good luck to anyone else out there trying to succeed in making a healthier life for themselves!  Any tips are always welcome!  Thanks!

L


No comments:

Post a Comment